Sean Fidler - US Team Captain
Kevin Christner
2014-03-26 17:31:07 UTC
Inquiring minds what to know if and by whom Sean Fidler was asked to be the US Team Captain.

The US Team code of conduct states the following:

13.1.5 Treatment. Fair, considerate, courteous treatment of Team Management, Team Volunteers, and members of the public.

I think we can all agree that Sean has consistently abused the soaring public and is therefore in violation of the code.
Brad
2014-03-26 18:43:16 UTC
I will be watching the hit counter closely on this thread, my guess by end of the week it should be over 1000.

Brad
Sean Fidler
2014-03-26 20:13:27 UTC
I'm honestly becoming a bit worried about Kevin. These kinds of very personal attacks can become serious matters quickly. I fear that Kevin may be experiencing an actual mental health crisis. It seems clear that a very real and angry personal obsession with me now exists in Kevin.

Tiffany and I will be making sure our security system is thoroughly checked!
Brad
2014-03-26 20:43:53 UTC
Dan and I can provide armed security.

Brad
Sean Fidler
2014-03-26 22:46:21 UTC
Brad,

We might actually take you up on that...

Sean
;-)
Kevin Christner
2014-03-26 20:53:29 UTC
Instead of accusing me of a mental health crisis, perhaps you can enlighten us by answering my question. Otherwise we will know you are delusional.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-26 22:45:10 UTC
Seriously Kevin. Seek help.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-26 22:51:56 UTC
Kevin,

Who exactly is "we?"

Are you perhaps experiencing multiple personality disorder as well as your obsession issue?
Kevin Christner
2014-03-26 23:38:19 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
Kevin,
Who exactly is "we?"
Are you perhaps experiencing multiple personality disorder as well as your obsession issue?
Actually Sean the following thread on a sailing forum is quite enlightening about your apparent multiple personality disorders:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=30382

Quotes:

"Fidler' was the Trader captain, and he posts here under a different name and talks about himself"

"And yes he posts under many names, and talks about himself in the third person all the time."

"Fidler= I'mRickJamesBitch, Silky Johnson, Blue Steel, Beefcake, Hullflyer, The Senator, BarviewReachAround, Pink Polo Forever, probably this lower and slower charachter, and several others. A shrink would have a field day with this guy."

"So far I guess Sean Fiddler=1sailor=lowerandslower=youdontknowme? Any others we should look out for?"

"Who gives a shit about Fidler's sailing accomplishments. He's made it very clear on this site that he failed to grow up after junior high. What kind of guy that supposedly has his shit together comes up with dozens of different screennames for one site? Sounds like an emotionally insecure little kid to me."

Sorry Sean. Looks like your speaking about yourself in the third person. Apparently you've been known to do it before.
u***@gmail.com
2014-03-26 23:54:51 UTC
How is anything in this thread remotely doing anything positive to advance the sport of soaring? Both of you, knock it off.

Disgustedly,
Daniel
Phil Chidekel
2014-03-27 00:03:11 UTC
Post by u***@gmail.com
How is anything in this thread remotely doing anything positive to advance the sport of soaring? Both of you, knock it off.
Disgustedly,
Daniel
Thanks Daniel. Every person is entitled to his opinion, but even still this is getting ridiculous. Do we REALLY need to go back to the golden rules that we ALL learned in elementary school: treat others as you want to be treated, and if you don't have a positive contribution, don't say it. Sheesh.

Now, back to watching the weather. Looks like a warmup on the east coast on Sunday... Maybe the snow has stopped for good?

Phil
Jp Stewart
2014-03-27 00:07:59 UTC
I'd like to suggest that this has gone far enough. Points have been made, but this discussion isn't going anywhere. I'd suggest you two save this for a private discussion... or just go back to sanding wings and checking weather.

Vox audita perit, littera scripta manet - The spoken word perishes, but the written word remains

JP
Dale Watkins
2014-03-29 01:57:06 UTC
I concur!!!!!!!
Sean Fidler
2014-03-27 03:17:38 UTC
Kevin in 2 weeks:

The obsession with me is clearly out of control now...

It's only a matter of time now.
r***@cox.net
2014-03-27 03:41:57 UTC
THAT is sick! I don't know either of you but that video alone convinces me of who is telling the truth.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-27 19:33:06 UTC
Too funny.

Kevin Christner
2014-03-27 15:39:59 UTC
Under 18 U.S. Code § 875 - (c) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

Sean you have clearly made a threat to cause me violence and injury by putting me in a straight jacket and masking my head. I have contacted my attorney. Should you post ANY further messages on this newsgroup I will consider it to be further abusive behavior and will seriously consider my legal options.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/875
Post by Sean Fidler
Kevin in 2 weeks: http://youtu.be/3Iokq2LghEI
The obsession with me is clearly out of control now...
It's only a matter of time now.
Sean Fidler

It's only a matter of time now.
Sean Fidler

It's only a matter of time now.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-27 19:30:37 UTC
Kevin,

Sadly, I see that your very public journey towards the padded cell of your local mental institution continues........

I would like to encourage you to have your attorney contact me. I know that was no idle threat from you. You meant it to be very serious. I understand and accept that. It is better for you to error on the side of caution, at this point, Kevin.

My email address is ***@gmail.com. My phone number is 248.977.7911. I am more than happy to speak to your attorney about your concerns, fears and your very interesting "terms." ;-)

I honestly do not want you to have to go through life in such an obviously fragile and frightened state. I can only imagine how delicate you are in real life working with real people. That must be a challenge for you. I feel sorry knowing that you are so frightened. I think your post, your thread (Sean Fidler - US Soaring Team) and your clear obsession with me over the past months is basically a cry for help.

We (the soaring community) are truly worried about you Kevin. I want you to get all the help that you need both legally and psychiatrically. Personally, I am willing to do whatever I can to help you. Please, have no concerns about having your attorney contact me so that you feel safe and protected.

Hang in there Kevin. I am confident that you are going to be OK. Be strong...

Sincerely,

Sean
It's only a matter of time now.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-28 16:57:40 UTC
Kevin,

As you know, I continue to have serious concerns about your mental health. Your obsession with me and my soaring activities has simply spiralled out of control in recent weeks. I hope that you have taken a moment to step back from your internal tantrums and considered my suggestion to seek immediate psychiatric care. If you have not, I strongly urge you to reconsider. A person in your mental state needs extensive professional care. Period.

Based on your obvious "emotional fragility", I remain astonished that I have still not been contacted by your attorney, Kevin. Did you not get my contact info? You must still be so terrified, you poor little guy. But too frightened to simply call your attorney and give him the contact info I provided you? How awful.

Kevin, would it help you if I called your attorney, for you? If you are still just too frightened to dial a phone or type, consider talking to a friend (do you actually have one of those Kevin) and have them email your attorneys info to ***@gmail.com. I promise to drop whatever I am doing at the time and to contact your attorney (for you!) immediately! Kevin, I can't help you here unless you have the strength to help yourself and somehow send me your attorney's information.

You have authored this thread (Sean Fidler - US Team Captain) along with numerous other angry and irritated comments over the past few months. It's was amusing and fun for sure, but at some point this has turned into an actual obsession for you. I am not a psychologist and do not understand the underpinnings of the mental disorders which cause obsession symptoms. But I do know that obsessed people can be very destructive if there underlying condition(s) is left unchecked.

That said, I wonder if you might have already taken my advice and checked yourself into the hospital. Wow, would that be a relief Kevin! This would explain your absence from your thread here on RAS and your apparent inability to contact your attorney's with the contact info I provided you recently. I'm sure your new doctors would forbid all phone calls and especially internet usage during this early phase of your treatment. Kevin, if you are indeed in the hospital, I would like to be the first to commend you for taking a first step in the right direction! Congratulations!

I will continue to stand sentinel for your attorney to contact me or for you (or a friend) to provide me with contact info so I can contact them for you. And again, hopefully, good luck with your treatment!!!

Sincerely,

Sean

Update! It appears that Kevin is indeed getting the care he needs...: Loading Image...
Hang in there Kevin!
It's only a matter of time now.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-29 19:38:08 UTC
"Instead of accusing me of a mental health crisis, perhaps you can enlighten us by answering my question. Otherwise we will know you are delusional. " - Kevin Christner (March 2014)

Kevin. Your "question" has been answered. "US" have now been enlightened. WE now know that it is YOU who is delusional.

And with that answer (you so desperately needed...) you now decide to run and hide. You don't have the guts do you?

Stop being a little, whiny coward Kevin.

The time has come for you to apologize to your intended victims. You were dead wrong. It is important that you make this apology right here on your own thread Kevin.

Stop being such a little girl...

Sean
Sean Fidler
2014-03-30 00:48:26 UTC

gotovkotzepkoi
2014-03-30 02:39:11 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
"Instead of accusing me of a mental health crisis, perhaps you ca
enlighten us by answering my question. Otherwise we will know you ar
delusional. " - Kevin Christner (March 2014)
Kevin. Your "question" has been answered. "US" have now bee
enlightened. WE now know that it is YOU who is delusional.
And with that answer (you so desperately needed...) you now decide t
run and hide. You don't have the guts do you?
Stop being a little, whiny coward Kevin.
The time has come for you to apologize to your intended victims. Yo
were dead wrong. It is important that you make this apology right her
on your own thread Kevin.
Stop being such a little girl...
Sean
Both of you just stop it and go to your rooms, now. No TV, no internet
and most certainly no dessert. And tomorrow, no bike riding and yo
can't go to the petting zoo with your sister. So there...

gotovkotzepkoi
Sean Fidler
2014-03-30 14:53:48 UTC
Kevin left an apology via voice mail. While I strongly believe that he also needs to write one here, it did sound fairly sincere. I truly hope that he is getting the help that he needs...as it is clear that he has (at the very least) some emotional problems.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-30 15:07:24 UTC
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ocd/basics/definition/con-20027827
Don Johnstone
2014-03-30 15:50:08 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ocd/basics/definition/con-20027827
Explains how all that tea got dumped in the harbour I suppose. All come
down to the qualities of leadership, some people have it, some don't.
You do not have to have the intellectual qualities of Albert Einstein t
work out who has not I would have thought
On the upside, thanks for the entertainment, not much to laugh about o
this side of the pond lately :-)
Henry Retting
2014-03-30 16:35:12 UTC
Why....what have the Russkies done now?
Sean Fidler
2014-03-31 03:22:24 UTC
;-)
Post by Sean Fidler
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ocd/basics/definition/con-20027827
Explains how all that tea got dumped in the harbour I suppose. All comes
down to the qualities of leadership, some people have it, some don't.
You do not have to have the intellectual qualities of Albert Einstein to
work out who has not I would have thought
On the upside, thanks for the entertainment, not much to laugh about on
this side of the pond lately :-)
k***@coworkbuffalo.com
2014-03-30 20:54:16 UTC
This is false. Please feel free to post another 25 rants. I'm enjoying it.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-30 22:10:42 UTC
I think Kevin is displaying symptoms of a new mental disorder today. It appears that he cannot remember his own phone call from only hours ago. Perhaps it was "other Kevin?"

I believe this can help explain it: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

Kevin's treatment is going to take a very long time, indeed...
p***@gmail.com
2014-03-31 01:03:44 UTC
Tried searching Sean Fidler Sailing on google. This thread aside, the man is an exceptional sailor. Pan Am Games Gold Medalist, etc, etc.

Sean, please move on from this conversation. This is far beneath a person of your ability. It is clearly an effort at a hatchet job.
Brad
2014-03-31 02:14:56 UTC
Sean.................it's time....move on. For so many reasons.

Brad
Ramy
2014-03-31 03:27:08 UTC
LOL, when I first read that Kevin left an appology I thought: no freakin way! Although I agree that his 3rd post was a little overboard, but still...
Continuing watching the hit counter... (Dan, many features people refer to are Google groups features, if you access the newsgroup elsewhere you will likely not see it)

Ramy
Sean Fidler
2014-03-31 16:45:43 UTC
Kevin, um, sorry buddy but I mean this seriously...is this, by chance, you?

http://www.georgia-mugshot-search.com/Counties/Fulton-County/Kevin-L-Christner.15373223.html

Someone just PM'd it over to me. We have to ask. If yes, what was the charge?

Thanks in advance Kevin.
Kevin Christner
2014-03-31 17:23:13 UTC
Unlikely, seeing as that I was 9 years old in 1997.

Seems the charge of my namesake was Theft by Taking, according to the website.

Perhaps you should follow Brad's advice. You only embarrass yourself more every day.
Thanks in advance Kevin.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-31 17:58:20 UTC
Sorry Kevin. I'm not sure if I can trust that you were 9 at the time this photo was taken. There is a "striking" resemblance according to the fine gentleman who informed me of this particular mug shot today. I have absolutely no idea who you are and am not interested in doing research. I'll take my friends word on the striking resemblance over your claim that you were 9. I'm going to need more than "I was "9 to believe that mugshot is not you.

Kevin, please confirm or deny that you are receiving regular care from a reputable psychiatric professional. If you claim that you are under care, would you be willing to have your doctor email me a letter confirming. I am hoping to hear that you are not a threat to others.

Thanks Kevin.
Nigel Pocock
2014-03-31 20:51:14 UTC
Why would anyone want any person involved in a slanging match on this
forman to represent their country as team captain?
h***@gmail.com
2014-03-31 21:16:22 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
Kevin, um, sorry buddy but I mean this seriously...is this, by chance, you?
http://www.georgia-mugshot-search.com/Counties/Fulton-County/Kevin-L-Christner.15373223.html
Someone just PM'd it over to me. We have to ask. If yes, what was the charge?
Thanks in advance Kevin.
Kevin, slandering, bullying, name calling and other schoolyard behaviors are Sean's game. He has shown the soaring community his lack of maturity and poise while digging deeper the hole he is in. His fascination with mental issues is deplorable especially in light of so many untreated individuals in this country. No doubt, he will now tell us all that I'm also in need of treatment. How he can make fun of a group of people in that way is beyond the shame.
Now he is taunting you with a supposed mugshot - the manchild truly knows no boundaries.
Craig Funston
2014-03-31 21:20:18 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
Kevin, um, sorry buddy but I mean this seriously...is this, by chance, you?
http://www.georgia-mugshot-search.com/Counties/Fulton-County/Kevin-L-Christner.15373223.html
Someone just PM'd it over to me. We have to ask. If yes, what was the charge?
Thanks in advance Kevin.
Kevin, slandering, bullying, name calling and other schoolyard behaviors are Sean's game. He has shown the soaring community his lack of maturity and poise while digging deeper the hole he is in. His fascination with mental issues is deplorable especially in light of so many untreated individuals in this country. No doubt, he will now tell us all that I'm also in need of treatment. How he can make fun of a group of people in that way is beyond the shame.
Now he is taunting you with a supposed mugshot - the manchild truly knows no boundaries.
Of course, "Lord of the Flies". It should have occurred to me earlier.

Going back to lurking now.

Craig
7Q
g***@gmail.com
2014-03-31 21:24:37 UTC
Replace "Gov. Sanford" with "Sean Fidler" and this is a likely perception...

http://robertariail.com/2009/09/03/digging-holes/
r***@cox.net
2014-03-31 21:52:18 UTC
Nigel,
Any sane person wouldn't!!!
r***@cox.net
2014-03-31 21:54:55 UTC
Kevin, these 70+ posts have done nothing but prove your original post was correct!
Sean Fidler
2014-03-31 22:09:02 UTC
Kevin,

You're expanding the definition of coward to historic levels today, Kevin. Even I am impressed with you in this respect.

Your merry little band of cheerleaders cannot help you. I'm right here Kevin. Right here on the thread that you chose to begin. No amount of desperate phone calls, trying to build a cheering section here to protect you is going to change the fact that this is between you and me.

Kevin, this is just the beginning. I'll be here waiting for you to apologize (to both Garret and I) for as long as you make it necessary. Trust me on that promise Kevin.
noel.wade
2014-04-01 05:49:09 UTC
Sean - I hope he keeps you waiting a long time. It's not worth the time and DEFINITELY below the dignity of any member of the pilot community to deal with you. Whatever the origin of this mess, your behavior in its wake has removed any doubt.

Right or wrong, you are losing this "argument" through your behavior, Sean. ...Not that I expect anyone's words to have any effect on you at this point.

--Noel
Peter Purdie
--Noel
Sean Fidler
2014-04-01 14:56:17 UTC
Kevin,

I see you are back in hiding today. It is interesting to me how the many people with the class to stay out of this thread also think you do need to apologize. I actually have asked the ones who have considered posting to stay out if it. This is just another example of how we are different Kevin...

How does someone start a thread accusing another fellow pilot of outright lying, then gets called out for being crazy (and dead wrong by a US Team member), and then decides to run and hide without apologizing?

You know from your phone call with Garret that he wants an apology for your attack on him. You have chosen not to do so. He certainly deserves one. I certainly deserve one (but frankly am enjoying how easy it is to demonstrate that you are a sissy). You left me a VM (although what personality of yours actually left it seems unclear) but will not acknowledge that on your own thread. What kind of person does these things Kevin?

How do you live with yourself Kevin being such a coward. Perhaps your psychologist will sort you out...

Sean
Soartech
2014-04-01 16:44:36 UTC
With 2544 views of this thread it is plain to see people like this sort of rabble.
I'd like to suggest that someone take advantage of the traffic here to publicize their new product. I hate to see all this attention go to waste.
Happy April 1st.
son_of_flubber
2014-04-01 14:59:17 UTC
Post by Peter Purdie
Surely someone has contacted Sean by now, telling him some idiot is posting
in his name...
This thread is a topic in a public forum where new people come to learn about soaring. The thread has an interesting subject line and it is at the top of the list of topics.

I realize that it is being perpetuated by one person, a gaggle of jocks from a high school football team, and one 'uncool' kid in the cafeteria (no wait, my mistake... the people posting here are 'adults'). BUT it is likely to create an impression with newcomers (and relative newcomers) that the soaring community is full of vindictive and bullyish people.

This thread is not good for soaring. Please stop now. I've deleted all of my posts to it and I hope that other posters will do likewise.
Ramy
2014-04-01 16:57:26 UTC
This is the most logical explanation to this. Some idiot is posting on behalf of Sean.
I don't think anyone who is intelligent enough to fly a glider would post idiotic messages like this.
Sean, you got a way out of this mess. Just say it wasn't you posting.
Kevin Christner
2014-03-31 17:27:35 UTC
Somewhat unlikely seeing as that I was 9 years old at the time.

Perhaps you should take Brad's advice. You only embarrass yourself more every day.
Thanks in advance Kevin.
Brad
2014-03-29 00:35:59 UTC
Post by Brad
I will be watching the hit counter closely on this thread, my guess by end of the week it should be over 1000.
Brad
1000+ Friday afternoon................who da man, I say who da MAN!

I do not endorse this thread, merely my cogent assessment that threads with this type of content get huge hits.

Brad
Garret Willat
2014-03-28 07:10:11 UTC
The US team captains are: Fernando Silva for the flappless and 20m and Dennis Linnekin for the flapped classes.

Garret
Andrew Brayer
2014-03-28 14:53:12 UTC
Garret Willat
2014-03-28 16:30:29 UTC
I nominated Sean. He declined due to the major time commitment required overseas. I have already stated who our current captains are. Sorry for adding to this thread. If anyone needs clarification of why I felt Sean would be a good captain you can contact me privately. With that said I am very happy with Fernando, I feel he is doing and will do an amazing job.

Make sure to follow the US team blog and do not forget to donate to the US Soaring Team.

http://www.ssa.org/USTeam?show=blog&id=2124
Sean Fidler
2014-03-28 21:00:22 UTC
Oh Kevin? Where are you Kevin?

You're a little whiny coward Kevin. Nothing more.
Bob Kuykendall
2014-03-28 22:07:46 UTC
Quoted for posterity.

Thanks, Bob K.

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:00:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Sean Fidler - US Team Captain
From: Sean Fidler <***@gmail.com>

Oh Kevin? Where are you Kevin?=20

You're a little whiny coward Kevin. Nothing more.
I nominated Sean. He declined due to the major time commitment required o=
verseas. I have already stated who our current captains are. Sorry for addi=
ng to this thread. If anyone needs clarification of why I felt Sean would b=
e a good captain you can contact me privately. With that said I am very hap=
py with Fernando, I feel he is doing and will do an amazing job.=20
=20
=20
=20
http://www.ssa.org/USTeam?show=3Dblog&id=3D2124
son_of_flubber
2014-03-28 22:38:19 UTC
Bully.
Sean Fidler
2014-03-29 00:22:23 UTC
To be clear: It was Kevin Christner who chose to create this thread topic. Trying to understand the thought process of mental patients is virtually impossible. With that, somehow (???) Kevin was trying to prove that I was dishonest in my having received an invitation to serve as US Team Captian.

Furthermore, Kevin also personally attacked (without any idea who this was) whoever was involved in inviting me to be a team captain.

Now that Kevin has learned the answer to his attack attempt he has (like the coward that we all know that he is) chosen to run and hide and hope the targets of his attack somehow "go away." He doesn't have the guts to respond. Does he really think that is going to work? Amazing. Instead he is calling people asking them to get me to stop defending myself from Kevin's attacks. Not happening Kevin...

Bottom Line: Kevin now owes Garrett and I a prompt and full public apology on this thread. The problem is that I know (damn well) that Kevin is not man enough to do the right thing. That is because I know that Kevin is a coward.

Until Kevin apologizes I will continue to refer to him as a little, whiney coward. Because that is EXACTLY what Kevin Christner is. In fact, I cannot guarantee I would not continue calling him a coward even if he decides to apoligize at this point.

Sean Fidler
Ramy
2014-03-29 06:01:15 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
[...]
Wow!
I am with Brad, watching the hit counter closely. Whats the current record?

Ramy
Jim White
2014-03-29 10:13:05 UTC
I guess the rest of the world will be hoping that Sean is made tea
captain.
GC
2014-03-29 12:05:45 UTC
Post by Garret Willat
I nominated Sean. He declined due to the major time commitment
required overseas. I have already stated who our current captains
are. Sorry for adding to this thread. If anyone needs clarification
of why I felt Sean would be a good captain you can contact me
privately.
Oh Kevin? Where are you Kevin?
You're a little whiny coward Kevin. Nothing more.
Sean doesn't do privacy, Garret. Perhaps you'd like to expand here on
what made you think Sean has the qualities and character needed to be a
US Team Captain.

GC

Post by Garret Willat
doing and will do an amazing job.
Make sure to follow the US team blog and do not forget to donate to the US Soaring Team.
After this little discussion, good luck with that!
Dan Marotta
2014-03-29 14:48:38 UTC
I, too, am interested in the hit count. Would someone please tell me how to
discover that little statistic?

And, please, keep this thread going! It's a bit of entertainment with my
morning coffee while I watch Gordon's adventure and scrutinize the Moriarty
forecasts to see if the winds will be below 30 kts today...
Two Shoes (Judson Knowles)

BobW
2014-03-29 15:53:51 UTC
Post by Garret Willat
http://www.ssa.org/USTeam?show=blog&id=2124
Bad, unacceptable behavior is exactly that: bad and unacceptable. I don't care
if we're talking presidents who can't keep their pants zipped or simple
playground bullies. It's a huge spectrum. Each of us gets to define "bad and
unacceptable." If it's bad enough, sometimes the law - truly a blunt
instrument - takes an interest.

As one who remembers RAS from DejaNews days, I've been generally
pleased/amazed at its general civility, compared to "the rest of the world."
Perfection not being an option, there've been on RAS bouts of incivility,
lamentable pathos, and (occasionally) isolated (until fairly recently)
incidents of pique (usually quickly regretted and rarely repeated).

I've several purposes for this post: 1) to go on record as noting taunting,
berating, ad-hominem behavior on this forum IS unacceptable in my book and 2)
to request - as have others - this unacceptable behavior immediately and
permanently cease. (For anyone concerned for my welfare, I won't be holding my
breath...)

Also, for the record, though I wasn't the initial poster of this thread, I
readily acknowledge the question had occurred to me as well; I was content to
wait and (maybe) have it answered "back channel" if for no other reason (and
this isn't the only one) than to avoid ending up "where we are now."

I'd like to continue thinking soaring and the vast majority of its fortunate
practitioners are above this.

Respectfully,
Bob Whelan
Sean Fidler
2014-03-29 14:55:36 UTC
Good morning Kevin. How are you doin?

"INQUIRING MINDS" continue to want to know what you have to say for yourself. Assuming you are not locked inside a padded cell somewhere.

I have been getting an incredibly large number of PM's (> 100) from folks all over the world (mostly US and Canada) since you started your little thread here. I always get a lot of PMs when a good debate is running on RAS, but this is a new record.

Obviously, most of us knew the answer to your question when you started this thread. Still, I wondered what drove your hatred and your persecution effort. It was discussed, but nobody wanted to answer your question because it gave us a front row seat into the mind of an amusing idiot. So we all just played along.

Perhaps that was a mistake. This distinct contrast from what you truly believed inside that troubled mind and the truth would be a shock to anyone Kevin. Being mentally disturbed must be very difficult. I feel sorry for you but I also have some real concerns (as do many others via numerous PM's) that this experience might have cracked your already fragile mental state completely.

How long I have to wait for you to come out of hiding is, of course, up to you. But I need some confirmation that you're not driving to Michigan right now planning to kill us. Others have expressed concern and now I am beginning to agree with them. I can't have an unstable person, whereabouts unknown, on the loose indefinitely.

Kevin, we need to hear from you. I would like to have some sort of confirmation that you are under the care of a mental health professional. Kevin, this is not a joke. I think that is a fair question.

Finally, I need you to know that Tiffany and I are both outstanding marksmen. We will not hesitate to defend ourselves if you attempt to harm us.

Sean
Bob Kuykendall
2014-03-29 16:35:26 UTC

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 07:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sean Fidler <***@gmail.com>

Good morning Kevin. How are you doin?

"INQUIRING MINDS" continue to want to know what you have to say for yoursel=
f. Assuming you are not locked inside a padded cell somewhere.=20

I have been getting an incredibly large number of PM's (> 100) from folks a=
ll over the world (mostly US and Canada) since you started your little thre=
ad here. I always get a lot of PMs when a good debate is running on RAS, b=
ut this is a new record.=20

[...]

this is not a joke. I think that is a fair question.=20

Finally, I need you to know that Tiffany and I are both outstanding marksme=
n. We will not hesitate to defend ourselves if you attempt to harm us. =20

Sean
Sean Fidler
JS
2014-03-29 19:13:14 UTC
I'm a slow learner and not a contest pilot. At first I knew nothing about this topic. But just had a revelation....

It's glider contest strategy!
What a great idea to make other contest pilots think you are absolutely out of your blanking mind! They won't want to share a thermal with you.

"There's (name a top pilot) ahead, I'll leach his (or her if you're liberal) thermal. He'll leave to save his life from my published threats, and have to use an inferior thermal.
Top this one out, pass him and... On to the next victim!
Hahahahahaaaaaaaa!" (add plenty of reverb to the laugh for additional effect)

Is this a commonly used contest strategy?
How is it best used?
Readers may be able to learn something from this thread.
Jim
Dan Marotta
2014-03-30 15:59:37 UTC
Neither "his" nor "hers". You must use "their" to avoid offending anyone.
Rules of grammar be damned!

And, OBTW, thanks Bob for trying to show me how to discover the hit count.
I'm using Windows Mail and am clueless. Having searched through the help
files, I've given up. Maybe I'll boot to Ubuntu...
Jim
Sean Fidler
2014-03-29 19:14:07 UTC
Kevin. You have been calling (and irritating) a lot if people with personal phone calls over the past several days. I suggest that you stop trying to weasel your way out of your problems and instead own up to them.

You need to write an apology, here on your own pathetic thread.

Stop being such a coward.

Sean
Ramy
Actually I think we are all more curious to hear Garret's reasoning. I dont see any indication in this thread that anyone is expecting apology from Kevin except Sean. Did I miss anything?
6PK
2014-03-30 01:57:12 UTC
Post by Ramy
Post by Sean Fidler
Kevin. You have been calling (and irritating) a lot if people with personal phone calls over the past several days. I suggest that you stop trying to weasel your way out of your problems and instead own up to them.
You need to write an apology, here on your own pathetic thread.
Stop being such a coward.
Sean
Actually I think we are all more curious to hear Garret's reasoning. I dont see any indication in this thread that anyone is expecting apology from Kevin except Sean. Did I miss anything?
This thread should be illegal
6PK
h***@gmail.com
2014-03-30 14:41:10 UTC
Right on, Ramy. I'm pretty certain even Garrett is by now banging his head against the wall, muttering 'What was I thinking?'
joesimmers
2014-03-30 02:51:45 UTC
Sean, without any doubt you are the one with serious mental problems not Kevin.

Thanks for enlightening us all.
r***@cox.net
2014-03-30 04:09:36 UTC
Without ABSOLUTELY ANY doubt!!!!
Don Johnstone
2014-03-30 09:39:49 UTC
Are these people serious? Very entertaining thread but it's a wind up
right?
Fred Bear
2014-03-30 12:53:20 UTC
Are these people serious? Very entertaining thread but it's a wind up,
right?
It's like a handbag swinging matchup between a couple of barely
pubescent girls - grow up an get over yourselves, FFS.Save the wasted
bandwidth ...
Sean Fidler
2014-03-30 14:51:56 UTC
Kevin left an apology on my voice mail. While I strongly believe that he also needs to write one here, it did sound fairly sincere. I truly hope that he is getting the help that he needs...as it is clear that he has (at the very least) some emotional problems.
s***@gmail.com
2014-03-31 22:07:06 UTC
I am usually a lurker in this group for the knowledge of everyones wisdom in the soaring world, to learn and get better, but what Sean and Kevin are doing is down right bullying, which i find despicable, you guys can go on the street corner for that, take it off line and call a truce
sw
SF
2014-04-01 17:03:32 UTC
This is sort of like watching a slow motion train wreck.

The only possible explanation is that Sean and Kevin were married in a past life and they have some left over issues, that they are trying to work out in this one.
h***@gmail.com
2014-04-01 17:52:49 UTC
Post by SF
This is sort of like watching a slow motion train wreck.
The only possible explanation is that Sean and Kevin were married in a past life and they have some left over issues, that they are trying to work out in this one.
To bring the discussion back to a more serious level, here's a role model for Sean that I enjoy watching with the grandkids. Obviously this Shaun is a much more entertaining fellow.

TR
2014-04-01 21:18:07 UTC
Sean, you have a very strong legal case against Kevin. Send me a PM to discuss please.

SLANDER
n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove. Some statements, such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease or being unable to perform one's occupation, are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much as if not more than printed publications. See also: defamation

I understand that Sean is also a member of the 2014 SSA Growth and Development committee. I wonder if Sean will now be slandered again for being invited to serve in this SSA role. Perhaps the SSA member who likely invited Sean to serve on this committee, Andreea Alexandrescu, would like to have the her decision to invite Sean attacked by the Kevin and the participants of this thread?
http://youtu.be/Z4nEuQ68Id4
r***@cox.net
2014-04-01 23:33:24 UTC
LOL !!!!!!!!
JS
2014-04-02 00:40:33 UTC
Growth and development? You're having a laugh!

The rant seemed to start on another thread with Sean telling Kevin and Herb they were both complete idiots for not agreeing with his point of view.
Seems a bit like Taliban.

Kevin's question was poorly asked, but Sean's answers are well beyond poor.
How many posts aimed at Kevin had gun references? There was something about a straightjacket. Anyone wants to get legal with that and they'll have a party.

Disgusting behavior.
Jim
6PK
Short of being an professional analyst; the term masochist comes to mine.
Bob Whelan
2014-04-02 01:42:20 UTC
April Fool!!!
Steve Leonard
2014-04-02 03:00:56 UTC
Sean, you have a very strong legal case against Kevin. Send me a PM to discuss please.
I am just glad I wasn't drinking a Dr Pepper when I read that. Would have burned like a mother when it came shooting out my nose!
Dan Marotta
2014-04-02 13:51:39 UTC
You folks are just too serious. Haven't you heard of keyboard commandos?
These two are just trying to demonstrate whose keyboard is the biggest.
GC
2014-04-02 14:09:56 UTC
Post by TR
Sean, you have a very strong legal case against Kevin. Send me a PM to discuss please.
SLANDER n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more
persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the
.... yada yada yada ...
Post by TR
large audience as much as if not more than printed publications. See
also: defamation
I understand that Sean is also a member of the 2014 SSA Growth and
Development committee. I wonder if Sean will now be slandered again
for being invited to serve in this SSA role. Perhaps the SSA member
who likely invited Sean to serve on this committee, Andreea
Alexandrescu, would like to have the her decision to invite Sean
attacked by the Kevin and the participants of this thread?
Oh, don't be silly, Sean. We all know this is you posting under another
alias just like you did with the sailing forums.

Go away.

GC
Brad
2014-04-02 14:32:41 UTC
almost 3000 hits, this has got to be a record.

We need a law to keep the hit count under 30.

Brad
Sean Fidler
2014-04-02 15:38:53 UTC
ROTFL, it appears that Kevin has "gone away" from his own thread. Hmmmm?

Now only Kevin's gang of little clowns remain in a desperate effort to somehow defend little Kevin Christner from the target (me) of his own hit piece.

I own Kevin's slander effort thread now. How funny.

Kevin, I'm waiting...

I can keep this up for years if need be...
Andy Gough
2014-04-02 16:06:37 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
ROTFL, it appears that Kevin has "gone away" from his own thread. Hmmmm?
I own Kevin's slander effort thread now. How funny.
I can keep this up for years if need be...
Not sure who moderates or maintains this group but it might be time to take a leaf out of the UK ras site http://www.gliderpilot.net/. They provide two forums devoted to discussion of UK soaring topics. The main forum concerns itself with general topics of interest and the other is reserved for what they term banter. This type of thread would be posted here, anything goes and those who might be offended should be counselled to stay away.

In the group description I would suggest something on the lines of:

This Google group has been created to facilitate free and unfettered communication between individuals bent on telling us what they really think.

Users are warned that posts that are inflammatory, abusive or what might in polite circles be termed inappropriate, may induce a measured response that may sting more than the one delivered. Be nice or not but do consider you may be bringing a knife to a gun fight.
GC
2014-04-03 02:37:55 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
ROTFL, it appears that Kevin has "gone away" from his own thread.
Hmmmm?
Now only Kevin's gang of little clowns remain in a desperate effort
to somehow defend little Kevin Christner from the target (me) of his
own hit piece.
I own Kevin's slander effort thread now. How funny.
Kevin, I'm waiting...
I can keep this up for years if need be...
Yes, Sean, we know you can and you have in the past. You are the only
contributor to this group who behaves this way. You are a clear example
of obsessive compulsive disorder. You have now displayed the same
obsessive behaviour with regard to:

- changing US soaring contest rules
- the prohibition of gyro attitude devices in contests
- Tim Mara
- Kevin Christner
- and earlier subjects in online sailing forums

It is a very clear pattern of behaviour where the only common factor has
been Sean Fidler. Nobody else has showed the same fervid
compulsions as you have and while a number of posters have written to
the effect of "both of you stop it", Sean was the one that made a
discussion a war and continued the war on each of these issues. Kevin
has made 6 posts, Sean has made 58. Kevin has barely responded while
Sean urges him to return to the fight daily. This was exactly the
pattern when Sean attempted to ruin Tim Mara's business. Tim refused to
join the online war while Sean taunted him daily.

It is quite clear that Sean is an unbalanced obsessive and I don't care
how good a sailor/pilot he is, he appears to be a neurotic who gets sick
pleasure from public displays of aggression. It's behaviour which may
help win contests but it's still sociopathic.

I have enjoyed and learned a great deal from this newsgroup over many
years and I hate seeing its refreshingly calm ambience destroyed by a
nutcase.

Go away, Sean.

GC
r***@cox.net
2014-04-03 03:33:44 UTC
Hey GC, calling Sean a nutcase is an insult to nutcases everywhere!
Peter Scholz
2014-04-03 06:41:17 UTC
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE
Sean Fidler
2014-04-03 13:25:56 UTC
So, GC is obviously played by our very own Kevin Christner. Yawn.

Good morning Kevin (aka GC).

Kevin (GC) I see your obsession with me is again flaring out if control. Talk about a rant! Your references to my being a good pilot or sailor makes me wonder... Why mention that at all? Is this all a simple jealousy thing? Grow up Kevin (GC).

Let me make this "perfectly clear" for you Kevin (GC). I post here on YOUR THREAD only because you are too much of a coward to respond under your name within your own hit piece slander effort. I will continue to call you out here as a coward until you do.

The interesting thing about rec.aviation.soaring is that many of the points I have argued have resulted in relatively speedy rule changes. Fairly effective work in my book. I still think the ban on AH's is a useless rule, but that's fine. I enjoy the discussions.

Kevin (GC), please try to understand that the only person I am concerned about here on YOUR THREAD is you. This thread OF YOURS was CLEARLY DIRECTED TO ME (and Garret Willat), was it not? You and your clowns are still asking for Garret to "explain himself" to you, no?

Now you are desperately trying to get me to stop responding to YOUR slander effort thread by resorting to whining under new a alias (GC)? Talk about entertainment value. Talk about being a coward.

I expect an apology (here on YOUR ATTACK THREAD which was DIRECTED TO ME) and will continue to do so for as long as YOU choose to make it necessary. I suppose, eventually, you may have thousands of posts asking you the same question. How long and how many is really up to you Kevin (GC). Those posts will be a result of your being a coward and your being unwilling to apologize for your fairly viscous attack which was ENTIRELY "false."

Sincerely,

Sean
Fred Bear
2014-04-03 14:04:35 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
[...]
A "viscous" (sic) attack - you really believe in sticking to it. Get
over it and STFU. Most of us are here to read about gliding, not your
obsessive ranting.

btw - I am not a sock puppet of any sort.
Peter von Tresckow
2014-04-03 14:17:16 UTC
Post by Sean Fidler
[...]
Lighten up, Francis.

Peter

i***@gmail.com
2014-04-02 20:48:37 UTC
Post by GC
Post by TR
Sean, you have a very strong legal case against Kevin. Send me a PM
to discuss please.
Oh, don't be silly, Sean. We all know this is you posting under another
alias just like you did with the sailing forums.
Sock puppets are so much fun though.

-SQ