GP-10 New 13.5m glider from Poland
RRK
2013-12-14 20:45:51 UTC
http://www.peszke.com/gp-10-0
Mike C
2013-12-15 04:44:42 UTC
Post by RRK
http://www.peszke.com/gp-10-0
Stunning!
RRK
2013-12-15 06:26:57 UTC
Fact: First test flights completed.
Rumors: L/D way more than 40
weight empty less than 200 lb
just a prototype
still working on final version of wing profile
Tony
2013-12-15 14:04:34 UTC
If true that would be very very impressive.
s***@gmail.com
2013-12-15 15:51:59 UTC
Post by RRK
Fact: First test flights completed.
Rumors: L/D way more than 40
weight empty less than 200 lb
just a prototype
still working on final version of wing profile
The empty weight is not 200 lb it is 120 kg (over 260 lb) and the take off weight is 230 kg.
I hear there will be an electric self launch version with folding retractable propeller.
Let's see how this glider evolves. I hear first delivery in the late spring/summer.
son_of_flubber
2013-12-15 17:05:53 UTC
It would take at least an electric sustainer to induce me to buy a factory new glider.
Brad
2013-12-15 06:57:45 UTC
Post by RRK
http://www.peszke.com/gp-10-0
wow!

"GK"
Brad
2013-12-15 17:33:56 UTC
Post by RRK
http://www.peszke.com/gp-10-0
if history has anything to teach, sub-15m gliders don't play out very well long term in the market. 15m seems to be the minimum benchmark for marketing and resale, or so I'm told.

that being said 40+ LD puts it ahead of many 15m sailplanes, many of which are quite old and somewhat quirky. (flame suit in closet)

one huge benefit for a sailplane such as this is the empty weight; as a recreational sailplane it will be a joy to rig and ground handle, if there is provisioning for water ballast it could be a real winner.

I look forward to how the project moves forward.

is there a dealer in the US yet?

Brad
Tetra-15
"GK"
Dan Marotta
"GK"
Tony
2013-12-15 23:38:56 UTC
Hard to compete in 13.5 meter world championships with a 15 meter span
mike
2013-12-16 05:16:30 UTC
My thoughts as well.
noel.wade
2013-12-16 07:28:51 UTC
Impressive... Looks like a cross between a Sparrowhawk and a Diana!

--Noel
d***@googlemail.com
2013-12-16 07:51:26 UTC
Are the wings a long way forward ?or pilot back,it looks as though the leading edge is forward of the pilots shoulders .
That would mean something different has been done with the c of g .
I like to see blue sky thinking is this another way to reduce horizontal stabiliser drag?
m***@gmail.com
2013-12-16 14:21:21 UTC
Its hard to tell from the photos but is this a flapped, no-spoiler glider?
Steve Leonard
2013-12-16 19:01:54 UTC
Luke Szczepaniak
2013-12-16 20:58:38 UTC
Post by Steve Leonard
Post by m***@gmail.com
Its hard to tell from the photos but is this a flapped, no-spoiler glider?
Many questions yet to be answered. I am sure they will be in time. If it is flaps only for glide path control, why do they stop short of the aileron? Just lost the benefit for climb and cruise of drooping and reflexing. You can see a section of fixed trailing edge between the aileron and the surface that starts just outboard of the fuselage. Not sure if it is a flap or a trailing edge air brake, maybe inverted from the more well known Hornet or Club Libelle. Why a fixed gear if it is intended to be a racing plane?
I am sure there are reasons for all, and details will be forthcoming. It does look pretty good. And as Klaus Holighaus once said, "If it looks good to the eye, it will feel good to the air."
Steve Leonard
Hi Steve, according to Sebastian Kawa's blog this is a prototype,
production machines will have retractable undercarriage. Another
interesting tidbit on the blog is that the push rods are carbon fiber.

Cheers,
Luke Szczepaniak
Steve Leonard
2013-12-16 21:56:34 UTC
I like how the diameter of the pushrod appears to be more than the width of the spar! Very interesting plane.
kirk.stant
2013-12-17 13:07:24 UTC
I find it interesting that the vertical stab and rudder extend above the horizontals; isn't one of the supposed advantages of a T-tail that there are fewer draggy "corners"? This design would appear to be theoretically a bit draggier than a "flattop" t-tail, while still having the disadvantage of all the weight at the top of the tail. Does get out of the way when landing out in tall crops, I guess...

I'm starting to like the Duckhawk approach more and more.

But it sure would be nice to see a V-tail done right again!

Cute glider, all in all.

Kirk
66
Tim
2015-01-29 18:32:24 UTC
Hello RAS:

Time to Wake-up this old, but interesting thread...

After a little over a year since this original post, and much exploration of the firm Peszke S.C. of Krosno, Poland, I am pleased to report that a new interview with the firm's principals will be published on the polish website dlapilota.pl either tomorrow or over the weekend. Much more information to come shortly.

Tim McAllister EY (USA)
Jack Russell
2015-01-29 19:02:52 UTC
Post by Tim
Time to Wake-up this old, but interesting thread...
After a little over a year since this original post, and much exploration
o=
f the firm Peszke S.C. of Krosno, Poland, I am pleased to report that a
new=
interview with the firm's principals will be published on the polish
websi=
te dlapilota.pl either tomorrow or over the weekend. Much more
information
Post by Tim
=
to come shortly.
Tim McAllister EY (USA)
IGC- too many old fools with too much money.
How to turn an 'inexpensive' class into an 'expensive racing class'
u***@ix.netcom.com
2013-12-16 15:09:58 UTC
Are the wings a long way forward ?or pilot back,it looks as though the leading edge is forward of the pilots shoulders . That would mean something different has been done with the c of g . I like to see blue sky thinking is this another way to reduce horizontal stabiliser drag?
With the pilot being a quite large percenage of total mass, he will obviously need to be closer to the center of gravity when ready to fly. Aft CG reduces required tail down load at the expense of stability. Most pilots will want the stability.
It is a pretty looking machine.
UH
Dave Nadler
2013-12-16 16:10:34 UTC
With the pilot being a quite large percenage of total mass...
Hey! Speak for yourself!

See ya, Dave
Dan Marotta
2013-12-16 15:57:49 UTC
Tony
2013-12-16 16:18:39 UTC
if you want the option of 13.5 meter competition as well as having a "real" 15 meter glider, you should consider the Sparrowhawk R. Keep the options down and you can fly for Ultralight world records too.

http://windward-performance.com/sparrowhawk-r/
Luke Szczepaniak
2013-12-16 16:41:48 UTC
Post by Dan Marotta
I knew that! My question was based upon the bitchin' about the glider
not being the "golden" 15 meters.
Alreday thinking about dragging my glider somewhere next season...
Post by mike
Post by Tony
Hard to compete in 13.5 meter world championships with a 15 meter span
My thoughts as well.
I believe the glider in the images is the 15m version.

more pic's on Sebastian Kawa's blog

http://www.sebastiankawa.pl/4532/nowe-szybowce-powstaja-po-cichu/

this pic is especially interesting

Cheers,
Luke Szczepaniak
Soartech
2013-12-16 18:13:04 UTC
In this picture you can see how narrow the tip chord is compared to the mens shoes. Also notice the guy in the black shirt is holding a small folding carbon propeller! Hmmm. That must be for the electric sustainer.

i***@hotmail.com
2013-12-15 19:43:24 UTC
I notice it has a Czech microlight registration. Is this a collaboration between companies in Poland and the Czech Republic?

Pictures look nice. I'd like to see it in person someday.
StaPo
2013-12-16 20:20:54 UTC
Maybe because UL (ultralight/microlight, simply under 450 kg MTOW) category is in CZ relatively straightforward, supervision for this category is delegated from state CAA to Light Aircraft Association. Its inspectors are quite helpful. And there seems to be some cooperation with czech LKJA airfield, from which come some September's pictures of first flights http://cirrus.rajce.idnes.cz/V_zari_LKJA./
StaPo
2013-12-16 21:11:58 UTC
Maybe because UL category (ultralight/microlight, under 450 kg MTOW powered "sport flying devices", or under 250 kg MTOW single seat glider/400 kg double seat, 300/450 kg MTOW single/double seat glider if powered) is in CZ relatively straightforward, supervision for this category is delegated from state CAA authority to Light Aircraft Association. Its inspectors are quite helpful. And there seems to be some cooperation with czech LKJA airfield, from which come some September's pictures of first flights http://cirrus.rajce.idnes.cz/V_zari_LKJA./
Michael Price
2024-01-25 04:08:01 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
I notice it has a Czech microlight registration. Is this a collaboration between companies in Poland and the Czech Republic?
Pictures look nice. I'd like to see it in person someday.
Favor to ifee.. who I seen unable to identify. Our club is in need of a G102 Maintenance and Repair manual not available through Libner and in an old post you indicated access to one. Any chance we could send you a Fedex label to send, we just need a couple of days to get it copied, and we will return it by Fedex? Thank you! - Michael Price (my full contact info at TrackMichael com).